0800h - Guide will meet you at your hotel & you will depart to visit: Ho Chi Minh Complex: Completed in 1975 the complex contains Ho Chi Minh’s mausoleum, his former stilt house residence, the Presidential Palace and the Ho Chi Minh museum. Next stop is a visit to the Temple of Literature: Originally built as a temple to Confucius, this is the site of Vietnam’s first university dating back to 1070. Inside are the stone steles used for ceremonies and mounted on the backs of turtles and inscribed with the names of the university’s graduates. The complex is divided into five courtyards which originally would have been reserved for the Emperor and his mandarins. One of the courtyards contains the statue of Confucius guarded by two beautiful bronze storks standing on turtles. The temple highlights the importance Vietnamese society has placed on education.
1200h - A delicious set menu lunch will be provided for you in a local restaurant.
1300h - Your tour recommences with a visit to the Museum of Ethnology which is widely acknowledged as the best in Vietnam and has an extensive display dedicated to Vietnam’s 54 Ethnic minority peoples. Then it is on to the Ngoc Son Temple and Hoan Kiem Lake: The Ngoc Son temple is set on a tiny island on the Hoan Kiem Lake and was erected in 18th century. The temple is reached by crossing the Huc Bridge which literally means “Place Touched by Morning Sunbeams”. Hoan Kiem Lake is a focal point of the city and the source of many legends including the legend of the returned sword which dates back to the 15th century and refers to a magical sword used to free Vietnam from Chinese rule. The Old Quarter, also known as the 36 streets, is a bustling area of narrow streets home to literally thousands of small businesses and street vendors, selling a wide variety of goods. Originally each of the 36 streets names’ were related to the products being sold there. Hence you can walk from Fish Street to Tin Street to Bamboo Street and you will enjoy exploring the area while riding in a traditional cyclo.
17.00h : Back to Ha noi hotlel . Tour the end
Tour price includes:
- Pick up
- Drop off Lunch, water
- Transport as per tour program.
- English speaking tour guides.
- Entraces tickets
Excludes: Tips, Phone calls, personal travel insurance & Other private expenses.
- All prices are per person in US $ based on double occupancy.
- Surcharges and / or compulsory gala dinners are applicable between December 23rd and January 2nd and also during the Lunar New Year period.
- Prices subject to change without notice.
- Should you have any special dietary requirements (vegetarian vegan or food allergy) please advise us in advance.
- Meals provided are included in the itinerary.
- Breakfast will be served in your hotel and will include Vietnamese and Western dishes.
- Lunches are arranged at Vietnamese restaurants in scenic areas. Your tour guides are happy to assist with your selection.